Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish ButtercreamIngredients
For the Guinness Chocolate cake:
For the Irish Buttercream:
- 1 3/4 cups (222 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (64 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) sour cream or plain full fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Guinness beer
For the chocolate drip:
- 4 sticks (454 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 cups (750 grams) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Irish cream, such as Bailey’s
DirectionsMake the cake:
- 4 ounces (113 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease two 8-inch cake pans and line with parchment rounds.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and beer.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool the cakes in their pans for 30 minutes before carefully turning them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. If possible, freeze the cakes while you prepare the buttercream.
Original article Click here