RASPBERRY ZINGER POKE CAKEThere seems to be so many Christmas parties this time of the year, and this cake would be a fun addition! Although it's not a traditional Christmas flavor, the red and white cake with the coconut topping make it perfect for the season! Although this is the first time I have actually made this cake, I'm sure it will be a family holiday favorite for years to come!
- 1 box (18.25oz.) white cake mix
- Ingredients listed on box to prepare cake
- 1 box (3 oz.) raspberry flavored gelatin (Jello)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 jar (10 oz.) raspberry preserves
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 bag (7 oz.) shredded coconut
- Bake the cake according to package directions using a 9x13-in. baking pan.
- After the cake has baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Using the handle end of a wooden spoon or a meat fork, poke cake every inch or so with the handle of wooden spoon or tines of meat fork halfway into the cake. There is no set number of holes, but you want plenty of places to fill. Mix the raspberry gelatin with 2 cups of hot water until dissolved. Pour the Jello evenly over the cake, trying to fill the holes as much as you can.
- In a small bowl, microwave the raspberry preserves until easy to spread, about 30 seconds. Pour the preserves over the top of the cake and spread evenly. Top with Cool Whip. Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Original article Click here