Shirley Temple CakeRelive your childhood memories with this easy shirley temple cake made in a bundt pan with cherry powdered sugar glaze.
For the Cake:
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7up
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries (drained and juice reserved)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl mix together your butter (1 1/2 cups or 3 sticks) and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs and continue to mix until blended.
- Add in your flour and mix again until smooth.
- Pour in your lemon extract and 7up and beat to combine.
- Fold in your cherries.
- Grease a bundt pan with shortening, then dust it with flour.
- Spread the batter into a greased & floured bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until center is set.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan.
- Turn the cake onto serving dish and let cool slightly and then using a skewer poke holes all over the top of the cake and pour your reserved cherry juice slowly over the top making sure the juice gets soaked up. It's ok for it to seep to the bottom to soak as well.
- Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile mix together your glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of your cake.
- Top with more cherries if desired.
Original article Click here