Beer-Battered Shrimp Tacos
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red cabbage, julienned
- 1 cup green cabbage, julienned
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 lime lime juice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup beer
- oil, for frying
- corn tortilla, to serve
- guacamole, to serve
- radish, sliced
- fresh cilantro
Original Article Click Here
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the red cabbage, green cabbage, jalapeño, 2 tablespoons of the sour cream sauce mix, lime juice and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Season the shrimp with a big pinch of salt.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt and baking powder in a medium size bowl and mix well. Add beer and stir well.
- Add shrimp into the batter, making sure each is fully coated.
- Heat oil in a pot to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry the shrimp in batches for 4 - 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Top a tortilla with guacamole, rainbow coleslaw, fried shrimp, a drizzle of sour cream sauce, sliced radishes, and cilantro.
- Nutrition Calories: 3063 Fat: 276 grams Carbs: 85 grams Fiber: 9 grams Sugars: 11 grams Protein: 60 grams