✓ Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Meringue Roses
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted
Original Article Click Here
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 225°.
- Place sugar and strawberries in a food processor; process until powdery. Add gelatin; pulse to blend.
- Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy, adding vanilla if desired. Gradually add gelatin mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag; insert a #1M star tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 2-in. roses 1-1/2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until set and dry, 40-45 minutes. Turn off oven (do not open oven door); leave meringues in oven 1-1/2 hours. Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheets.
- Remove meringues from paper. Dip bottoms in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set, about 45 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.