Melting Sweet Potatoes
- 4tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2tsp. fresh sagefinely chopped
- 2tsp. fresh thymefinely chopped
- 1/4tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2tsp. black pepper
- 1/2tsp. sea salt
- 2pounds sweet potatoespeeled and sliced in 1-inch thick rounds
- 1 1/2cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth Low Sodium
- 1/2cup pecans
- 1tbsp. butter
- 1/4cup pure maple syrup
Original Article Click Here
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and add to a large bowl. Add sage, 2 teaspoons chopped thyme, cinnamon, black pepper, and sea salt. Mix to combine. Add sliced sweet potatoes and stir to coat completely in mixture.
- Add potatoes to a large metal baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake potatoes 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip potatoes, and bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and carefully add vegetable broth to dish. Carefully place back in the oven and bake for a final 15 minutes.
- While potatoes roast, caramelize pecans: add butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add in pecans and toss to combine. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add maple syrup and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until pecans are caramelized and syrupy. Remove from heat.
- Add melted sweet potatoes to a dish and garnish with caramelized pecans and remaining teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme. Enjoy!