sheet pan hawaiian pineapple shrimp tacos with creamy jalapeño special sauce
Spicy garlic roasted shrimp and sweet pineapple stuffed into warmed tortillas to make the best "Hawaiian" inspired shrimp tacos.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- flaky sea salt and black pepper
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
CREAMY JALAPEÑO SPECIAL SAUCE
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 ear raw or grilled corn, kernels removed from the cob
- warmed corn or flour tortillas, plus mashed avocado, for serving
- US Customary - Metric
Original Article Click Here
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss together the shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, chili powder, soy sauce, sriracha, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on one side of the pan. To the other half of the pan, add the pineapple, shallot, and jalapeño. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Transfer to the oven and roast 8-10 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked. Turn the oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the pineapple has charred.
- Remove from the oven and toss the shrimp and pineapple together. Set aside.
- To make the sauce. De-seed the jalapeño, if desired. To a blender, add the yogurt, roasted jalapeño, juice of 1 lime, honey, and 1/4 cup cilantro. Blend until smooth. Season with salt.
- Toss together the remaining 3/4 cup cilantro, the corn, juice of 1 lime, and pinch of salt.
- Stuff the shrimp and pineapple into the warmed tortillas and drizzle with the Creamy Jalapeño Special Sauce, avocado, and lettuce. Enjoy!