|✓ PAN SEARED CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC CREAM SAUCE|
✓ PAN SEARED CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC CREAM SAUCE
- 1 1⁄2lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1white onion, sliced into thin rings and separated
- 1lb mushroom, small Bella Mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄2cup chicken broth
- 1cup heavy cream
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 1pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4cup fresh parsley, chopped
Original Article Click Here
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and let rest.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in the butter until they are golden brown (carmelized).
- In a larger skillet with tall sides, heat olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides, but do not cook through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- While the pan is still hot, deglaze with the chicken broth, and use a whisk or spatula to loosen all the browned bits.
- Add the heavy cream and the balsamic vinegar to the chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes (if desired) Whisk through.
- Add the mushrooms to the cream sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Add onions into the sauce.
- Place the chicken back into the pan with the sauces, increase heat to medium and saute until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and add the Parmesan cheese to the sauce. Stir until melted through the sauce.
- Plate the chicken, top with sauce, and garnish with fresh parsley. I often serve this chicken over the top of basmati rice.